If you want to check on the status of your volunteer eligibility, please check with your designated school receptionist.
Adults applying for or holding an unpaid position as a volunteer with a school or a program, activity or service responsible for the child’s welfare or having direct volunteer contact with children will need clearances. See the attached CSAGH Volunteer Instructions packet.
Clearance reports shall be no more than five (5) years old at the time of volunteering:
1. State Police Criminal History Record https://epatch.state.pa.us/TandC_RCEAction.do
2. Child Abuse History Clearance: https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/Public/Home
- Note: An FBI background check is not required if you (1) are not being paid AND (2) have been a Pennsylvania resident for the past 10 years.
- Volunteers who are not required to obtain an FBI clearance must swear or affirm in writing they are not disqualified from service based on a conviction of an offense listed in the Disclosure Statement for Volunteers. The Volunteer Waiver is attached here.
- Service Code: 1KG6V5
- Note: FBI procedure has changed effective November 28, 2017
You are required to keep copies of your clearances for your own records. Please do not hand in your only copy to the school.
Please send a copy of all of your background results to the Human Resources Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org or hand in physical copies at the main office.